WHAT IS A REPO FACILITY?
- In order to guarantee the availability of securities, the Belgian Treasury has created a repo facility for its primary dealers. This measure aims to ensure a good functioning secondary market of OLOs and Treasury certificates.
- If there is a delivery problem, then the Treasury provides for the missing securities via a repo transaction concluded for one business day renewable for a maximum of 20 business days.
WHAT ARE THE CONDITIONS ?
- The Treasury has determined the maximum amounts available, depending on the lines and securities concerned. Each primary dealer has a right to a maximum amount of EUR 500 million for OLOs and Treasury certificates together.
- The repo rate is €STR minus a spread.
- All requests for use of the repo facility should be addressed to the Treasury before 2.30 PM.